Griha Pravesh, a puja of great importance according to Hinduism, is performed to protect the house from all negative energies. It is done to invoke the blessings and protection of the Gods.
Griha Pravesh Puja includes Vastu Puja, Ganesh homa and Griha Pravesh Puja. To reap the full benefits of this puja, you as a family member must observe certain steps or Vidhi.
Before you proceed with the Griha Pravesh Puja, here are some things to remember.
- Before you begin your griha pravesh, make sure the house has a roof, doors, and windows.
- You should not move any furniture within the house, except the gas stove, unless Vastu Puja has been completed
- Break a coconut before you enter the house. This signifies that the obstacles have been removed.
- When entering a house, always place your right foot first. This is a sign that you are a person of success.
- Place the idols in the east-facing direction of your house
- Boiling milk is good for prosperity. Conch shells are also good to keep away evil spirits.
- The puja should be completed within three days of the completion. If the puja is not performed, the effects of the puja will be nullified.
- Do not perform the puja if the lady of your house is pregnant or has recently died.
- Don’t forget to give the priest enough food and gifts.
- To purify your whole house, sprinkle the holy water from the Kalash using the mango leaves.
Significance of Grihapravesh Puja
Every devoted Hindu believes that religion has played an important role in his or her life. A special puja is performed to ask for divine blessings at any important stage of life. A major milestone in a person’s life is buying a house or moving into a new home. This requires auspicious blessings from Lord Ganesha, also known as Vignaharta (the removal of all obstacles).
Griha Pravesh Puja, which is a puja to invoke the blessings and protection of Lord Ganesha, is performed. Depending on the type of house that you enter, the dates for Griha Pravesh Puja will vary. Griha Pravesh can be divided into three sections:
- Apoorva- Approva allows a family to enter a new house that was built from scratch. Apporva Griha Pravesh dates are determined by the time when the sun is in Uttaranayan.
- Sapoorva- Sapoorva Grisha pravesh is when a family enters a house previously owned by another person. This puja is usually performed after a period of absence or long travel.
- Dwandwah- Dwadwah Griha Pravesh is for those who enter a house after major renovation or reconstruction following a natural disaster or other damage. Dwandwah Griha Pravesh takes place at the time that the Jupiter or Saturn are setting according to the lunar calendar.
According to the Lunar Hindu calendar, tithes such as 4, 9, and 14 are not considered to be auspicious. Most Hindus consider Amavas, or a night without a moon, unholy. All major pujas performed by domestic households cannot take place on a night with no moon. All days except Tuesday are considered to be auspicious for grah pravesh ka muhurat 2022.
The first four months of the English Calendar, known as Magh and Phalgun, Baishak, Jaistha, are considered auspicious for Griha Pravesh. They ensure wealth, health, and prosperity.
Also, check other blogs.