There is many speculating coming from experts and medical marijuana doctors Iowa that cannabis and medical marijuana are capable of healing Type 2 Diabetes but the question that arises here is how? It is seen before that medical marijuana is used in different medicines to boost their effects and also make the consumer feel relaxed.
If we talk about diabetes, then it is a big claim as many people suffering from diabetes situation and looking for a possible way that can treat them naturally without any side effects in the long run. Let’s check out how cannabis help in treating type 2 diabetes and what are their benefits for the patients.
What are the possible benefits of Cannabis for Diabetes patients?
Medical marijuana and cannabis prove to be effective and helpful for many patients in treating different problems like chronic pain, depression, anxiety, stress, and many more. However, there’s one more benefit coming out i.e., the healing of Type 2 diabetes.
Let’s check the benefits of cannabis in the case of diabetes and how it helps in treating it.
- Medical marijuana stabilizes the blood sugar level in the body which helps diabetes patients control the situation for a long time.
- It suppresses arterial inflammation. These inflammations are the reason for different cardiovascular diseases which are commonly found in diabetic patients.
- It helps in easing the pain of neuropathy and prevents nerve inflammation.
- Cannabis helps in lowering blood pressure from time to time which prevents the situation of heart attacks and other heart diseases.
- Cannabis and marijuana keep the blood vessel open which helps in the proper circulation of blood.
- It reduces muscle cramps and gastrointestinal disorders.
Cannabis also helps in reducing the intro-ocular pressure which is usually present in the case of glaucoma. Glaucoma is a type of eye disease that happens when there’s a restriction in the blood flow in the eye like severe diabetic retinopathy.
How does cannabis help in increasing insulin sensitivity?
Insulin plays an important role for people with diabetes and people with type 2 diabetes have less sensitivity regarding the insulin which causes problems. In different reports, it is mentioned that marijuana and cannabis help in increasing insulin sensitivity.
There are reports that people who take cannabis for type 2 diabetes have these effects:
- Drop in the blood glucose
- Improved insulin production
- A rising level of adiponectin which is a protein that helps in regulating blood sugar.
- Marijuana users are less chance of becoming obese and have less BMI despite taking more calories than usual.
- All pot smokers have small waistlines and high levels of good cholesterol in their bodies.
Is it legal to use medical marijuana for Diabetes?
It all depends on the country’s laws and regulations as some countries allow the use of medical marijuana after passing some tests while some countries ban the use of marijuana completely. You can use the medical marijuana card to get cannabis from registered dispensaries and use them accordingly.
However, to apply for the MMJ card, you need to go to the registered and established medical marijuana organization and take an appointment with the doctor. The doctors will analyze your situation and after that, they will give you the desired doses.
Can Cannabis help in preventing diabetes?
It is debatable for many researchers and organizations as they don’t believe that in the fact that Cannabis is responsible for treating diabetes. However, in different studies, it is shown that the marijuana plant has a chemical called cannabinoids which come with different benefits:
- Increase in appetite
- Pain relief
- Reduce the inflammation
Some research happened in the preliminary stages that marijuana and cannabis help in controlling glucose control and insulin resistance which makes it a better choice for treating diabetes.
The patients can use different forms of marijuana like oil, vapor, gummies, and tablets to cure their problems related to diabetes.
With every report and discussion of professionals, we can conclude that medical marijuana and cannabis have the potential to treat type 2 diabetes and also helps in the keeping the person healthy and fit. You will find many other benefits of using medical marijuana, so start applying for the MMJ card and get your diabetes cured.