Many users have reported that their Outlook has started crashing all of sudden. It is dreadful as users who encounter outlook keeps crashing issues and won’t be able to work with MS Outlook. Such an unexpected error is usually being arisen due to software or hardware-related glitch. All you need to do is to check out the reason why your Outlook stops responding or getting crashes. Identification of the actual reason will instantly and effortlessly troubleshoot Outlook crash issues. Thus, let’s have a short glimpse of the blog post to learn what causes this issue and how to cope with it in no time.
Reasons Why Outlook Keeps Crashing
A variety of factors can be triggering the microsoft outlook keeps crashing issue. A list of common causes for the occurrence of such an error is noted down:
- Compatibility issues with Outlook and web browser
- Corruption of PST files
- Virus or malware infection in the operating system
- Unwanted Add-ins
Solutions To Resolve Microsoft Outlook Keeps Crashing Issue
The effective solutions to the Outlook Keeps Crashing problem are enumerated beneath. It would help if you implemented the following-given solutions one after another until Outlook starts functioning without any crashes or freezes. Let’s begin!
Solution 1: Restart Your Computer
Maybe a program runs in the background of your Windows system and it interferes with the current-running Outlook. Later, Outlook will get crashed and be prevented from working flawlessly. So, in such a scenario, you need to rectify this problematic hurdle simply by restarting your computer.
If the “Outlook Keeps Crashing” error persists, proceed with another solving method.
Solution 2: Disable The Add-ins
If unnecessary Add-ins is installed to add advanced features and functionality to boost workflow, then Microsoft Outlook may crash. So, in order to resolve it, disable the entire Outlook Add-ins using the following instructed steps:
- Open Outlook
- Go to the “File” menu and select “Options.”
- Afterward, click on the “Add-ins” button.
- Now, verify that the “Manage” option is set to COM Add-ins.
- Click “Go”.
- Uncheck the box next to the unessential add-ins to make them disabled.
- In the end, click “OK”
Solution 3: Rebuild The Outlook Data File
Damaged data files stored in Outlook will prevent it from working or functioning without interference. So, if Outlook Keeps Crashing during the workflow, then immediately check and rebuild the Outlook data file. Here’s the stepwise guide to do so:
- Launch MS Outlook.
- Go to the “File” tab.
- Click on the “Account Settings” drop-down, and select the “Account Settings” option.
- Then, click on the “Data Files” tab.
- Now, choose your account and tap “Open File Location”.
- If you find a .ost file in the current window, right-click on the file, and then select the “Rename” option.
- If you see a .pst file instead, change the file name extension to “.old”
- Now, reopen Microsoft Outlook and wait for it to rebuild your data file freshly.
One-Stop Outlook Online Support For Outlook Keeps Crashing
The most common issue many people use to experience while accessing their Outlook is Outlook Keeps Crashing. Generally, it occurs due to incompatibility or faulty add-ins. Hoping at least one solution among the above-listed remedies has gone work out for resolving your problem.
If still Outlook is not stable and functioning normally, feel free to be in touch with our technical team for quality Outlook Online Support. The dexterous techies will assist you with your budget only.